Friday, June 12, 2009

Still Thinking Along!

Hey Everyone!

I’m currently watching Criminal Minds.

Alright everyone, here is part two of my book commentary on The Surrendered Wife by Laura Doyle. :D

There is a section titled “Responding to His Crazy Ideas”. Doyle’s thoughts are that you should reply “Whatever you think” no matter what you hear your husband saying. I don’t know how I feel about this. I agree with it to some extent, but there are times when opinions will be asked, or your input will be needed. I may be submissive, but I have my own thoughts and I like them to be valued. I am not saying I am shooting down ideas, and I am definitely not suppressing my opinions or thoughts when I have them. There needs to be discussion in certain areas. However, once my opinion is given, the decision is left to him. That’s how I think it needs to be. At least, that’s what I think…

On page 59 the author talks about conversations that she had with her husband before she adapted the “surrendered wife” method. Before she even picks apart what she said wrong, and what she could have said better, I already picked things out. I think that is the major reason why I say that the novel is for women looking to relinquish control rather than women who feel that this is just right. To me, what Doyle instructs, seem like the proper way to do things. I think reading the book is more for the women trying to give up power to help their relationships. At least, that’s what I think…

Hmmm… So… I have been struggling with myself for a little bit to go a bit further into my life with all of you blog readers. I have been fairly “normal” on my blog so far. I could be your best friend, your sister, or the girl next door, but delving into my opinions the past couple days makes it a struggle to keep some aspects of my life out of here. I’m still debating… Twin tells me to keep certain things off of here, but I have read some friends’ blogs. I can think of one person in particular who had two blogs, one for bedroom activities and that type of things then another blog for all things else. He finally got sick of the segregation and combined the two and said “damns to hell”. I’ve been thinking of doing the same. But I don’t know yet… I think that by reading some of the things I have written, you can tell what my preferences in a relationship are, but maybe not… Hmmm…

Alright, I have skimmed through the rest of the book and just am not completely impressed. 99% of the subject matter that is gone over is for someone looking to change their habits, I already have these habits. So, I skimmed. :) I thought it was a decent book, but not for submissive women already, but women looking to improve intimacy and life within their relationships. Like I said previously, this is something you have to do willingly not something you should be forced into, you will never be happy if this is not your CHOICE. At least, that’s what I think…

: )

Soul

No comments: