Saturday, June 27, 2009

Babysitting and Calming my Fears

Hey Everyone!

I'm currently listening to Our Song by Taylor Swift.

I babysat last night. I've been babysitting for this family for years. I love them all and am always very very happy to go over there. The little girl is the most adorable thing. Last night was the first time I actually put her to sleep. Usually I go over there during the days or later at night when she is already sleeping. Well, last night I fed her, we played, then I got her ready for bed. After finishing her bathroom rituals, where apparently I squeezed the toothpaste out wrong :P and reading six books for goodnight stories, I finally got her tucked in. Then she looks up at me and says, "I can just stay up with you? Pleaaaaaaaaaaase? I just want to play with you". My heart melted. She is the cutest thing. I of course convinced her to go to sleep, but that was the cutest little thing.

Well, then I was there for a few hours after she fell asleep which I got to read and do some crosswords, but I also got to think. I know, dangerous activity right there. I got to thinking about Sky. You know what I adore about him? I remembered this one time we were riding public transit to get to a concert, and the whole thing was shaking and unstable. I wasn't freaking out verbally, but my eyes were shut tight and I was gripping onto one of the steel bars for life. He stood there and held onto me, making sure I was safe. I love that. How in one little gesture, I can feel so safe. He took the fear away. I was still a bit on edge, but I was no longer scared.

=)

Soul

No comments: