Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Boys

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently listening to Fences by Paramore.
(Actually I'm currently BLARING Paramore)

So, I'm a teenage girl and yes the stereotype that all we think/talk about is boys is definitely true. You want to know something else to? Size matters. hahaha, I love telling boys this, it is such a funny thing to see their reactions. anyways...

My ex-boyfriend and I don't talk. On a certain level it leaves me with a certain sadness but on the other hand I am fine with it. We dated pre-blog days so you don't get to read about the days I was so madly infatuated with him. Sorry. It's probably for your benefit because I'm pretty such it would have made you all throw up.

We were best friends before we started dating. I had a crush on him for a long time (two years) before we started dating. We really fit together. He could always make me laugh and he wasn't a typical boys boy. He played video games, hung out with his sisters, and was just a funny guy. He wasn't attractive by any means but as you may know the longer you are around someone they become more attractive.

I don't get to be immature, I am expected to be an adult. Which at 17 it is an understandable expectation. He on the other hand was very immature. Not really comfortable in his own skin either. I always maintained that I was too good for him, but his humor attracted me, I couldn't help it.

I should have known it was too good to last. It was awkward for him to put our relationship on display because we were friends for so long. I wanted to shout it from the roof. We approached the whole thing very differently. But it was handled, I was unhappy and we just dealt with it. I wanted to talk about it and he was not someone who talked about anything serious.

Then the horrid night came. We had hung out many times as a couple before our actual first date (dinner and a movie). We went a couple places where no money was exchanged, friends houses, parties, etc. Anyways, so i was excited about our "first official date". Then he complained about me "expecting him to pay". I was floored! Call me old fashioned, but I expect my boyfriend to pay on the first date. As well as anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays. Not to mention whenever he has the desire to. But the first date is definitely one of the times when the guy has to pay. Also, just to clarify, we went to Noodles and the movies, so all together the date cost him thirty/thirty-five dollars. For two people! I didn't even get popcorn or a drink at the theater. He did complain when I ordered a drink with dinner though. Saying he was going broke.

Two weeks later we broke up.

A week after that I found out that the reason he had such a problem paying was because...

"I'm richer"

Okay, let's just say this, I'm not fucking rich! I work a part-time job of which I put 70% away for my future. So I get (tops) 25 dollars a week. My belongings are graciously provided by my mom. I think it was a stupid reason, then, to top it off, I found out that his mom was the one who told him that I should be paying. What a great mother role model.

Sorry, this might have come off a little bitter, but I'm still a little sore on the subject...

= /

Soul

4 comments:

Triss Teh said...

There's a first time for everything, for kisses, for love, for saying no, for feeling crappy about saying no, for realizing that logistics is tantamount, for realizing that I don't have logistics (yet), for learning that trying to unhook a bra is much harder than it seems, and for listening to others.

Class distinction is real though. It happens occasionaly.

One of many reels of advise I live by (sometimes): Know Thyself.

Triss Teh said...

For me, I'm either in or out of love. All or nothing. That's how the basket stands.

Triss Teh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Triss Teh said...

"Size matters." Experiance matters too you know. Hands can be amazing in the right hands.