Sunday, April 6, 2008

About Writing

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm currently listening to Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera

Okay, so I am writing my (hopefully bestseller) novel and love it! I know I have talked about writing before, but considering it is what I love I'm sure this won't be the last post about it. SO, the characters take on such a life of their own and I love it. I am different from other writers I know in my process, I don't start out with an outline. I start out with a really great scene with dynamics then let the characters take charge. Sometimes it does not work out so well, I can admit that, but when I write with an agenda it comes out stiff and boring. I end up losing interest.

I think it has to do with the fact that when the characters do something I am just as surprised as a reader would be. That, I think, means that I'm doing well. I was writing on Friday with every intention of my character being happy for the next few chapters, but alas, the characters did not go in that direction. It's like my fingers get a life of their own, writing what they know. I have such great faith in this project right now and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

My character currently is at a place where so much can happen, it can still take on a completely different life. It can turn into a murder mystery, science fiction, chick lit, heck, ANYTHING. That is such an exciting feeling. To think that something can be so unknown and so, well, perfect feeling. I'm not saying it's perfect, it just feels right.

= )

Soul

1 comment:

Triss Teh said...

Hmm, kind of like standing on the brink of writing a poem. The road is there is shadow and it seems like I already know what I have not yet written.