Sunday, October 26, 2008

See Sir, I Saw Saw V!!!

Hello Everyone!

I'm currently listening to Hands by Jewel.

So, I love the Saw franchise. Cary Elwes attracted me to the film originally, I mean who can resist Cary Elwes? Mmmm, Cary Elwes... Anyways, back to Saw... It is great. I think the level of intelligence behind it surpasses films that are currently being made. I think it is a gentle love fest for me. I adore that kind of thing. Which may make you scared and go running for the hills if I like it when people are put in terrifying self-harming situations, but please, I am not saying it because I am a freak or anything.

If you think about the mastery behind each trap of Jigsaw's, it is brilliant. I have immense respect for that as a writer. I have dabbled in darker works of fiction, it is very hard to come up with something that actually works. The writers of Saw I-V are brilliant. Some of the films (*cough* Saw IV *cough*) had a misstep or two as films, but I could still sit down and watch them any day of the week.

Now, onto Saw V. I don't want to ruin it for any of you, so I will try not to. I was extremely disappointed in the first trap, I sat there, hoping that the victim might turn out to be another Amanda (who I LOVE because of her psychological depth). When the trap let me down, I thought, oh no, has Jigsaw failed? But, alas, not to give anything away, it was not a Jigsaw trap. Let's just say it was a copycat. The movie lead me down a beautifully twisted dark path of magic each minute it was on the screen. I loved the main trap. Not only that, but they revisited old traps in flashbacks. It was all amazing. I cannot rave on enough about it.

Ahhhh, now you ask, what about the future??? Yes, there will be a Saw VI. There is a show on Vh1 that debuted tonight (It's on my tivo, I haven't watched it yet tonight (but I will (I'll blog about later))) called Scream Queens. It is casted a female character in Saw VI. I am eagerly waiting for my mom to go to sleep so I can watch it.

I will be the first in line to buy my tickets for Saw XXXVII, without a doubt.

=)

Soul


PS- the theater I was at had a big cut out thing of Tobin Bell's face. So right now the background on my cell phone is me standing next to it. AHHH, greatness!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it grate. Grate serious of jigsaw,,, oooh fantastic movie I never experience thriller like that before I never thought it wood be that grate for those who have interested in horror movies favors this movie.. Hoffman is out standing in the movie.running to ravage.. saw the movie from http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com it was the best place I know from years ca recommended