Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My old Job

Hey Everyone!

I'm currently listening to The Remedy by Jason Mraz.

So, I obviously had to quit my job to move. Well, I quit my job about two months ago as well [the move that didn't happen]. I thankfully got my job back once the move didn't happen. I was very thankful of this. Unfortunately, will my issues inside of my house, I am forced to move. This time it isn't about my choices. I am happy, I am excited, but it is also a bitter way to do things. And I'm just talking with my family here. However, I had to quit my job once again. Something that was so hard for me to do the first time. I knew that I could not go through that again. I also knew my boss was out of town so left with one of two options, I went with the one that made more sense to me, emailing her. A voice mail would be too short. I wrote and rewrote the email, I wanted it to be perfect. Finally I got it to say what I wanted it to. I was nervous and wanted my sadness to be conveyed. I didn't want my boss thinking this was something that I wanted.

However, in the response that I got back, my boss was obviously upset. Which is understandable. However, she also said some things in the email that were blatantly not true. Perhaps the one coworker who I do not like has told her things, perhaps she just wants to blame me for things as an easy way out. I do not know, and I do not care to speculate. The job was wonderful and I had a fantastic time when I worked there. However I am saddened to say that two months ruined two years of a possibly great reference. I understand her desire to focus on the now, but the past two months have been hard in my house. I explained that in the email, but she brushed it off, making comment about work ethic.

I was offended by this. However, more so than my offense that I took about my work ethic from my boss, is the response that it got from a friend. Twin is upset. I'm not sure if it is about her finding out I was moving from my blog, or something else. It hurts to say that this perhaps is the straw. Our fragile friendship was moving in the right direction, but her lack of response to certain things and the tone that is in what she does choose to write to me is clear of the fact that something is not right. It is sad.

However, no matter how saddened I am by the responses I have gotten from the people associated with my job, I am extremely excited.

:)

Soul

No comments: